Pros and Cons of Furnace Humidifiers
As the winter months creep up, the air outside becomes cold and dry, ultimately affecting the air inside your home to do the same. In order to ensure maximum comfort, Delaware home owners should increase the humidity within their home by installing a furnace humidifier. The right level of humidity can turn a miserable winter into an enjoyable winter for the whole family. Many homeowners are reluctant to install a furnace humidifier, mainly because they don’t know much about them. When deciding on whether or not to install a furnace humidifier, one should consider the pros and cons.
- Controlled remotely. This is a very convenient option. Essentially you can set the humidity level and the system will automatically maintain the set level of humidity so that you don’t ever have to bother with it.
- Never add water again. Unlike portable units which have to continuously be refilled with water after usage, the furnace humidifier is linked directly to the plumbing system within the household.
- Undetectable. Because the furnace humidifier operates through the duct system, they are essentially undetectable giving you peace and quiet throughout your entire home.
- Adds value to home. Installing a furnace humidifier will add value to your home in terms of resale. It may not add up to much in dollars but it could make or break a close with potential home buyers.
- Better health. The humidity level maintained by a furnace humidifier ensures that the air you breathe is clean and healthy preventing you and your family from nose bleeds, chapped lips, sore throats, and dry skin. Some people even claim the furnace humidifier reduces snoring.
- Maintenance. Because the furnace humidifier comes in contact with water, it will need to be serviced. Typically at the end of the winter season, a thorough cleaning with vinegar is suggested.
- May increase your water bill. Because the humidifier is using the water supply of the home, you may see a slight increase in the water bill.
Like anything good, there is also some baggage. However, when it comes to furnace humidifiers, the pros outweigh the cons. If you are ready to install a furnace humidifier in your Delaware home, call the experts at Gold Star Services!