Now that Spring is in the air, it is a good time to check out your air conditioner and make sure it is ready for the heat. In order to avoid a malfunction at the most inopportune time; a hot humid day, here are a few steps you can take well before you actually need to use you’re A/C.
5 Tips to Get Your A/C System Ready for the Summer Months:
- Visually inspect your outdoor air conditioning unit. Check for and remove any debris that might have made its way into or around the unit. This is will ensure proper airflow around the unit. Also, make sure the mechanical parts, such as the fan can move freely.
- Change or Clean your filter every 1-2 months. This helps to prevent unwanted dust and pollens from entering your home. Also, pet dander and hair buildup can inhibit the cold air flow, lowering your system’s efficiency. Be sure to turn off the power first to avoid blowing dust everywhere.
- Inspect the fan belts, and replace if they look a bit worn.
- Vacuum the compartment, as it also collects dust and pollen. A clean A/C System will work much more efficiently, keeping you comfortable this summer.
- Once all the tasks above have been taken, test out the system to confirm that your air conditioner is in prime condition to get you through this upcoming season. Set your thermostat to a cool temperature to ensure that it is working properly.
Of course, a scheduled maintenance with a qualified professional is a fail-safe way to truly verify that you’re A/C is ready to take on the summer months.
Gold Star Cooling serves Newark, Delaware and surrounding community with all their heating and cooling needs.