When a central air conditioning system works well, it’s easy to forget about the regular maintenance that keeps a unit running smoothly. Cleaning central air conditioner systems ensures efficiency, and it can greatly increase the lifespan of a unit.
Signs a Unit Needs Cleaning
Scheduling annual inspections and cleanings will prevent some of the most common A/C issues, but it’s wise to keep an eye out for the following signs:
- Decreased air flow
- Blocked air vents, filters and condensation coils
- Decreased air quality indicated by frequent illness, asthma or allergy issues
A Thorough Cleaning of an Air Conditioner Unit Includes:
- Vacuuming and straightening the fins on the outside condenser unit
- Removing and washing the fan, and washing interior fins
- Changing replaceable filters or cleaning reusable filters
- Cleaning out the condensate drain line
- Clearing foliage and debris around the condenser unit
- Washing pollen and dust off the condenser unit
The Benefits of Cleaning Central Air Conditioner Systems
- A clean unit runs more efficiently, reducing energy costs
- Regularly replacing or cleaning reusable air filters improves air quality
- Annual inspections and cleanings increase the lifespan of your unit
- It can prevent water damage from potential leaks or overflows due to a clogged condensate drain line
Professional Inspections and Cleaning: Central Air Conditioner Systems
Scheduling annual inspections and cleanings by a professional can help prevent and repair problems early on. A/C professionals have the knowledge, tools and expertise to properly clean your unit top to bottom and can inspect parts like evaporator coils and the air compressor.
It is important to note that the frequency of cleanings and air filter replacement can vary depending on your space. If you live in a dusty area, have furry pets or live in a climate where your unit is constantly running, it might need to be cleaned more frequently, and your air filters might need to be replaced or cleaned more often. A professional technician can evaluate your situation and set you up with an optimal maintenance plan.
Gold Star Services offers trustworthy, reliable and professional help! Our services include heating, cooling and water heater repair, replacement and maintenance. Call 302-376-7677 to get started with Gold Star Services today!