Combustion furnaces are powerful heating systems designed to keep you comfortable during even the coldest parts of the year. However, you will need to ensure the system is cleaned and maintained on a regular basis to ensure maximum efficiency. Not sure how to clean furnace filter? The pros at Gold Star Services will show you how.
We specialize in prompt HVAC system repair, installation, and maintenance. Our highly trained technicians will strive to make sure you can get back to enjoying a cozy, temperature-controlled home without delay. To speak to a member of our team, contact us today at 302-376-7677.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Clean Furnace Filter
It’s estimated that dirty furnace filter can spike your heating bill by as much as 15%. Fortunately, cleaning your filter is a simple process that takes just a few minutes.
- Start by switching off your combustion furnace.
- Consult the unit’s manual to help locate the service panel. Using a screwdriver, remove this cover and start searching for the filter.
- The filter looks like a screen door lined with a fine mesh or sponge-like material. If the filter is dusty, it’s time to clean it.
- Use water to wash away any debris or dust. Leave your filter out to dry completely before slotting it back into your combustion furnace.
- Ensure that you close the service panel and tighten any screws that were loosened during the cleaning process.
At Gold Star Services, we can help take care of all your HVAC maintenance needs. Our knowledgeable crew has experience working with a wide variety of different cooling and heating systems. We make it our mission to ensure that your heat pump, combustion furnace, or air conditioner is operating efficiently and effectively during every season. Our technicians understand the importance of your time, comfort, and privacy, which is why more than 90% of our calls are completed on the same visit.
Speak to the Experts in HVAC Maintenance Today
Now that you’ve learned how to clean furnace filter, turn to the crew at Gold Star Services for reliable answers and expert advice. Call 302-376-7677 today to get a free estimate for replacement.