When your air conditioner is working at maximum capacity during those hot and humid summer days, of course you’re going to be worried when it starts making funky sounds. The Delaware air conditioner repair team at Gold Star can put your mind at ease! We’re here to tell you why your air conditioner might be making strange noises, and who can help you when it needs to be repaired or replaced.
What kind of sound is your air conditioner making?
- If you hear squealing… Your air conditioner is probably having issues with the fan belt, which might need to be replaced.
- If you hear hissing… If your air conditioner is hissing like a snake, it most likely means you have a refrigerant leak, which could be coming from the compressor or one of the connections for the refrigerant lines. This is a challenging issue, and better left for your trusted Delaware air conditioner repair company. We can find the leak, plug it, and then replace the refrigerant from the system.
- If you hear rattling… There could be multiple reasons why your air conditioner is rattling. A rattling noise is a common sign that your air conditioner is starting to deteriorate, and some of its parts are loosening, such as a broken spring or detached tube. Another cause could be twigs or leaves that have infiltrated your system, and in that case it just needs to be cleaned out.
- If you hear gurgling… A gurgling sound usually indicates a low refrigerant, and the gurgling is result of air in the lines.
- If you hear a louder noise than usual… If your compressor is making a louder sound than it normally does, this could mean that your system is undercharged and needs refrigerant.
- If you hear chirping… Chirping sounds are one of the few noises that aren’t a threat. These kinds of sounds usually occur when your air conditioner starts back up after not being used for a while.
- If you hear clicking… This could be a sign of a defective control. It’s time to call a Delaware air conditioning repair professional to come and check it out.
These noises might help you understand what’s going on with your air conditioner, but it might be difficult to repair or replace certain parts if you’re not an expert. For a proper diagnosis, contact Gold Star, the HVAC company that cares about your safety, comfort, and satisfaction. We provide quality Delaware air conditioning repair, replacement, installation, and maintenance, among other HVAC services. Give us a call at (302) 376-7677 or fill out our contact form. We hope to hear from you soon!