When your HVAC system starts to break down, you begin to wonder if you should repair your system or replace it altogether. Do you put money into what you already have, or invest in a new, and probably more efficient, system? There are some telltale signs it may be time to replace your heating and cooling equipment:
- Your heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old – HVAC systems average a lifespan of 15-20 years, but they will start costing much more to maintain and operate. Newer units, especially those with the ENERGY STAR label, rank higher in efficiency and can save you up to 20% on heating and cooling costs.
- Your system needs frequent repairs – If you’re making frequent calls to your Wilmington HVAC repair technician, it may be time to invest in a new system. Repair costs may be small, but they can quickly add up. If your unit is nickel and diming you, upgrade to a new system.
- Your heating and cooling costs are going up – If your utility company hasn’t raised charges but your bill is increasing, your HVAC system may be to blame. As units age they become less efficient, leading to potentially drastic increases in utility costs.
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold – Aging, inefficient systems can create hot and cold spots in your house, leaving your family members uncomfortable. Many people adjust the thermostat to compensate, but that will only cost you more in the long run.
- Your unit makes a lot of noise – If your unit is making strange noises, that can be a red flag. Your unit or ductwork could be improperly sized, or there could be a problem with the air blowers or indoor coil of your cooling equipment. If you notice changes in your HVAC unit, call your Wilmington HVAC repair technician.
- The air quality in your home has gone down – If your home is having humidity problems – air that is too dry in the winter and too humid in the summer – it could be the result of poor or inadequate equipment or leaky ductwork. Excessive dust is another warning sign of a failing system. Old, worn-out systems blow dust back into your home and leaky ducts can pull particles and air from attics, crawl spaces and basements, distributing them throughout your home.
Contact the #1 HVAC Company in Wilmington
If you think it’s time to upgrade your Wilmington HVAC system, call Gold Star for a FREE estimate. We offer the industry’s best deal on A/C and heating unit replacement. We also offer 12-month financing with approved credit.
Don’t suffer from an aging HVAC system another day: Call Gold Star at 1-302-485-1649 and get the best HVAC service in Wilmington!