ActiveSteve, Flickr Creative Commons
Summer is still a pleasant, fresh memory, but in just over a month the ground will be white with frost. As the temperatures drop, you want to know that your furnace is up to its task. With a quick call to Gold Star, your local New Castle County HVAC technician, you can be confident that your home will be warm all winter long.
In addition to peace of mind, a seasonal furnace check-up gives you the benefits of:
- Flexible scheduling – Since it is not an emergency visit, we can schedule your check-up when it is most convenient for you. Fall is also a slow season for New Castle County HVAC technicians – as well as your furnace – making it the ideal time to schedule maintenance.
- Lower utility bills – Keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency can translate to savings on your electric bill.
- Preventing major breakdowns – Regular check-ups not only keep your furnace running smoothly, they help catch small problems before they become major headaches.
What is Included in a Furnace Check-up?
During a pre-season inspection of your furnace, your New Castle County HVAC technician will:
- Inspect the ignition system and check for gas leaks, as well as inspect gas valve operation and furnace safety controls.
- Inspect your thermostat and run a test cycle to make sure your unit is operating correctly.
- Lubricate all moving parts; excess friction can run up your electric bill.
- Inspect all circuit breakers and electrical connections, as well as measure voltage and current on the motors. Electrical problems can reduce the life of your system and lead to unsafe operation.
Gold Star can also tell you if your New Castle County HVAC system is facing major repairs, or is no longer running at peak efficiency due to its age. In this case, you may want to review our blog on replacing your old HVAC system with a certified Trane system from Gold Star. With an incredible offer on a new system, and financing options available, now is the perfect time to think about upgrading your old HVAC system.
Maintenance Agreements from Gold Star Keep Your New Castle County HVAC System Running Year-Round
From routine maintenance to 24/7 emergency services, Gold Star’s technicians are always there to provide you with prompt, professional, expert service. We have the “know-how” and experience to service a wide array of heating systems, including gas (Natural or LP), oil and heat pumps. As the cold weather rolls in, trust your New Castle County heating system to Gold Star.
Call us today at (302) 376-7677 and schedule your furnace check-up today.